When Ammonia (as a refrigerant) and Water (as an absorbent) are
boiled in generator, the ammonia-water solution is evaporated. The
ammonia vapour is purified and condensed into liquid in condenser.
The liquid ammonia and helium, purified in absorber, and evaporated
in the evaporator, absorb heat and thus refrigerate at the same
|1) Generator: Ammonia-water Solution is boiled and evaporated.|
2) Rectifier: Vapour is condensed into water. Generated ammonia gas goes into
3) Condenser: Ammonia gas is condensed into Liquid Ammonia.
4) Evaporator: Liquid Ammonia is evaporated in purified Helium here, absorbing
heat and thus refrigerating.
5) Absorber: This part will absorb water and Ammonia so as to purify Helium.
6) Container: The lower layer is Ammonia-water solution; the upper layer is
Mixed gas of Ammonia and Helium.
7) Ammonia-water Solution.
8) Liquid Ammonia goes into the Evaporator.
9) Purified Helium goes into the Evaporator.
10) Mixed gas goes into the Absorber.
11) Ammonia-water Solution goes into the generator.